Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is it really worth the wait?

February 14th... Valentine Day.

Roses are red, Violet are Blue
It's Valentine Day.
What are you gonna do?

It is very credential to make your Valentine day reservation about a week ahead, just to be sure you get a small table for two at one of your favorite restaurant. But what happen if your reservation happen to be back up for two hours?

That is exactly what happen at the famous "Stinking Rose" Restaurant located in Beverly Hills, California. Famous for it unique use of "GARLIC", garlic on your bread, garlic on your chicken, garlic on your shrimp, even garlic on your ice cream.

Upon arrival to our diner reservation at 9pm sharp. Pulling up to the valet was hard enough, looking at the line of couples lining up to the freezing night, trying to get into the front door just make you want to fuck it and go to McDonald!!! The line was out the door, around the corner.

Turning to the valet attendant I ask "Is that the line for reservation" she reply "Yes we only take reservation tonight" Me "Oh Shit."

Exiting the car, my valentine trying to checkin on our reservation but the long line are for checking in reservation so we found out. Some people that have reservation at 8pm, an hour before us are still standing around the corner waiting for their turn to checkin "RIDICULOUS."

So as the line of hungry, angry, and horny cattle move slowly, very slowly to the hosting desk to check-in. It's finally our turn.

So excited and about to faint "Hi I have reservation at 9pm"
Host: "Yes, sorry for the long wait"
Me: "It's ok, not a problem"
Host: "You are check-in someone will give you a call in a few minutes."
Me: "FML"

As we turn and walk toward the very crowed bar of couples that are still in waiting for their name to be call, by this time it was around 10pm. I ordered a bloody mary by the bar and patiently waiting for my name to be call out, 15 minutes pass nothing. 30 minutes when by and half a glass of bloody mary down, feeling a bit BUZZ no "Peter Phan". 45 minutes pass the bar is clearing out and I can feel the chill going down my spine, is it dead or just the cold wind blowing on my backless black jumpsuit, still nothing.

An hour and ten minutes later (11:10pm) "Peter Phan" 
My valentine: "Yes we are right here"
Me: "I need to pee"

As my kinda BUZZ self wobbling down to the powder room aka lady room, it is not that I really need to pee. I forgot to write a Valentine card for my date, sitting in the stall pulling out my pen and valentine card "Roses are red, violet are blue, I am starving to dead, I could eat you!" So romantic.

Again wobbling down to my small table for two. The main dining room was setup pretty nice. Red curtain for Valentine day, Bold black and white strip cabanas, clouds on the ceiling with cute small air balloons decoration, It really reminded me of "The Small world" at Disneyland but with wine and alcohol and lady gaga singing "baby I was born this way".


Our waiter name was Aaron kinda cute, actual he is a FINE ass!!! Damn! Very polite and upbeat.

As we look through the menu and stuffing our face with 3 full basket of garlic bread with lot and lot and lot of garlic. We decided to start out with "Roasted Garlic Potato Onion Soup" and "Sizzling Iron Skillet of Mussels"for entree we got "Rabbit roasted with olives & an extra virgin oil garlic tomato sauce" and "Silence of the Lamb Skank with chianti glaze & fava beans." and for desert "Garlic ice cream".


Everything turn out to be "DELICIOUS" very good food, very polite hot waiter, great romantic atmosphere. One Hell of a wait.

So "Is it really worth the wait?!"

Stinking Rose Valentine Day Rating:


RSVP service:          0/5 Stars
Food / Beverage:      4/5 Stars
Armosphere:            3/5 Stars
Costumer Service:   4/5 Stars
Price range:              4/5 Stars




The Stinking Rose
55 North La Cienega Boulevard  
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(310) 652-7673











No comments:

Post a Comment