Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I dream of "Atelier"

Tuesday 5th - I dream of "Atelier"

Just a moment right before a person die, they said a flash back of memories from childhood and their happiest memories come to them as if they were relive their happiest moment.

I just happen to have one while showering.

It is about 4:30 am, my usual awake hours. With a run around day in a truck driving around town for no important reason, run to the groceries store, bank, my usual favorite coffee destination, then home doing the normal routine, texting the one I love, the one I happen to like and the one I have a crush on. Pop something quick in the stove or the microwave and back to stitching and needle threading, the unseen moment of a fashion designer. Peace and quiet occupy the room as random channel is turn on... quiet.... very quiet, I can literally heard a pin drop as it slip out of my fingers and into the wooden floor.

Wasn't sure if it is the deep concentration on sewing or was I too full from random snacking from things that I gotten at the store earlier, but I gotten lazy and tire.

A quick shower before bed.

As I gather up all my products, little ducky, scrubs gloves, 2 type of face wash, shower gel, shampoo conditioner, shaving cream and a razor (I do need a lot for a shower)

As the water gotten to the perfect temperature, and the room starting to fog. My mind starting to wonder off in dreamland, or is it that my head just never know when to take a freaking break. An Idea pop up that I'd never though off. "Atelier"

"Atelier" is the French word for "workshop", and in English is used principally for the workshop of an artist in the fine or decorative arts, where a principal master and a number of assistants, students and apprentices worked together producing pieces that went out in the master's name. This was the standard way of working for European artists from the Middle Ages to the 18th or 19th century, and common elsewhere in the world.

What if there is a movie that is document the real world of Haute Couture, I mean not just the fashion of Haute couture, but the true root of couture sewing. where it's all came from?!?! a quick preview of the new movie feature the famous "Les Miserables" is to be in theatre early next year was base on an old french world revolution... what if "Atelier" is also to base on the same era, where we document the begin of french fashion... the art of couture, true couture. what is it like to be in fashion school back then, or does it really have a school when couture start. what the struggle was it like and so far, wouldn't it be great to have it be document from old world french era to modern day today to experience what it is like from the true couturier back then translate to the couturier of today?!?!

Just some random though in my 20 minutes of bubbles and shower gel.



No comments:

Post a Comment